Monday, July 25, 2011

My city my town


As soon i use the words my city my town people would say ahhh! here we go again with his stupid allegiance towards Delhi .Well which is not true Delhi is not my city Delhi is not the city from where my roots came Delhi is not the city where i got into existence .My city my den is Varanasi popularly known as Banaras .

Varanasi is a tourist destination as well as a godly place it is one of the oldest inhabited city in the world .The holy river Ganges flows though it and there by leaving a large impression on the tourist as well as on inhabitants .Ganga is also considered very sacred in Hindu's .Banaras has also been home for some prominent philosopher's and musician like Munsi Premchand ,Kabir ,Jaishankar Prasad ,Acharya Shukla ,Girja Devi , Ravi Shankar ,Hari Prasad Chaurasia and Ustad Bismillah Khan .Gautam Budha gave his first sermon at Sarnath which is located in Varanasi .The city also has the most prominent and one of the oldest university in india 'Banaras Hindu University' i have had a very close association with this university as my grandfather was a professor in it .The city got it's name Varanasi from the two rivers Varuna and Assi ,and it is situated between both the rivers with Ganges in it's south.

More then the above facts the thing which matters to me is that this city gave me existence .I was born on the 11th day of march 1990 ,I was being told that day was Holi as many of you would be knowing that the most grossome Holi in india is played in Varanasi So you could guess how much trouble i had given to my parents and my relatives .I still remember my mama telling me that how he ran on the railway tracks leaving the food behind which he was getting for my mom just because a mob started chasing him and why wouldn't they chase he was wearing a white kurta .My grandfather owns a house in Varanasi just beside river Ganga and Trust me guys the view is by far the most beautiful and the most peaceful view i have ever seen in my life .

Whatever the city may be dirty ,polluted ,uncivilized but still whenever i get down on the station it gives me the warmth that home would give to any other person.....

2 comments: