Friday, July 22, 2011

Rail gadi


"Kabhi Kabhi mere dil mein khayal aata hai ke jaise tujhko banaya gaya hai mere liye" that's about the first thing which comes into my mind when i think of railways specifically indian railways.....my obsession towards railway was since birth ,i was one of those kid who would always keep the names of trains in mind rather then concentrating on his studies .My father would come to me to ask about railway time table rather then referring to one......But with all this obsession there was fear to ,now you guys must be thinking what is so fearsome about Indian railways ,it is the overcrowded trains which i used to fear ,because of which my father used to get into a fight it maybe due to reservation or it could be because of an acceptable behavior of fellow traveler's.......

I still remember a journey which me and my family had to do .We were travelling in this train which had to take us from delhi to varanasi(My birthplace) .I may have hardly been 7 though i clearly remember it .The train had stopped on a station called amethi and we were traveling in first class a very rude man had stepped into the compartment he was very hostile my father gave him warning he didn't listen .And continued with his behavior my father had no option then to drag him on the tracks beat him till he realized his mistakes .Now on the other side i was crying like my father was beating me ,i was more amusing for the people around then my father's enduring performance.....

As i grew up saw myself drenching into my obsession .I used to plan my journey way before my parents used to think about going .The train glance was never a glance for me it was my text book I won't disagree that it was a concern for my parents too .I had made a habit into obsession ,though i have to say that it did help me and my family but may not have helped much.....

And i could still proudly say that my love towards trains is same but the fear has gone .Even if you ask me today that what would you choose for a visit between a tourist destination or railway station i would prefer the later one.....

From all this i have learned something and the thing which i have learned is that it is not bad to make a habit into obsession but it should be in limited form or it may hamper your journey to the final destination....

No comments:

Post a Comment